Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Where did the week go!!

I can't believe it has been a week since I posted....Terrible.....But to be fair I was away at training......And just so you know....it hurt! I passed the physical and had an AMAZING week though. But I am still glad it is over and I don't have to re-cert until next spring!
My energy kit for test day!
I made some fantastic Granola to take with me to snack on during the week-It was fantastic!
Cherry, Dark Chocolate and Almond Granola
Dry ingredients
2 cups old fashioned oats
2 T chia seed
2 T flax seed
1 T sesame seed
1/4 cups almond pieces
1/4 cup pecan pieces
mix up
In a pot on medium heat
1/2 cup nut butter ( I used natural peanut butter)
1/3 cup agave nectar
a shot of maple syrup (pure)
1/4 cup almond milk
mix this until it melts
pour into the dry mixture and mix well
Add some dried cherries and some chopped dark chocolate
Mix again and put on a sheet at 350C for 20 min-Do not mix or stir when it is hot
Take out of the oven and when it cools place in freezer to firm up the chocolate-Break into pieces

It was that good!!!
We went out to dinner since we were at a hotel during the week....and for the most part I ate ok (brought my own food for during the day) but at night by the time we got to the restaurant I was famished....I had dessert one night and on the Thursday night we proceeded to get obliterated-But I stuck to vodka, water and lime...meh....
I was thoroughly hung over the next day and barley made it to my evaluation . So glad we were done early and I got home at a decent time. I was out cold by 7 pm that night and slept till 7 am the next day- yikes.....
I would love to elaborate on what I was doing all week unfortunately I can not share any pictures or details- Lets just say you may be surprised.

No comments: