Saturday, June 4, 2011

Race prep-errr not so much


Seriously...This dog is too cute-He was bugging Ray for his breakfast this morning.....Worked like a charm!


Today all I wanted to do was stay in and read blogs....I managed to get myself out the door to go register for the run tomorrow. The Bread and Honey 15K  So 1st off I was a bit ticked when they said they ran out of t-shirts! WTF
Plus I got the worst race bag EVER-


 All it had in the race bag was my bib, some power bar energy candies (already ate half the pack-I had to sample them) some hand sanitizer, a sample of laundry soap and a freaking crappy water bottle.....
Way better then eating GU-So between these and the Swedish fish I am set for the race.

 I may have had some of these while we were in wal-mart....can't remember.....
 Ray got the new S'More doughnut....SOMEONE suggested he should try it....I got a bite.....meh....not that great....
 Apparently we just had to stop at Blockbuster-Ray should own shares to this place.....I sat in the car.....He took FOREVER.....
 The first 10 minutes I was very patient...as you can see here.....After 20 minutes I was not so patient anymore.....
I asked "what the heck did you get in there that takes 20 minutes"?
 Why E.T. and Close Encounters of course......WHAT

 SERIOUSLY

He says "yeah see"....and then does what he calls the E.T. finger
 SERIOUSLY? UGH.....
 We started supper as soon as we got home-I was so hungry-We went to the grocery store and I picked this pre made flat bread up. Cheating yes but I was super hungry so there was no time to make a crust.
 A cooked down onions (in water no oil)
 BBQ Some chicken that I cut into pieces to cook quicker......Again no oil
 Instead of sauce I spread the caramelized onions on the crust
 I added tomato's, goat cheese, some fresh mozzarella, and some basil from my HERB GARDEN....
 Cooked it at 500C for 10 min and DONE!-Ray made homemade fish and chips with mushy peas-So I had a small piece of the fish (whatever I am running 15 k in the morning) and a couple fries and gravy.....yumm....hope it sits well for the run tomorrow!
 How do you say no to this face!
So I will be up around 530 in the morning to get ready for the 8am race!
Oh and this race has one of the chips on the back of the bib-I wonder how they work? I guess I should take my chip off my shoe from the half marahon last weekend.....
Interesting

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Your pictures from the movie store trip had me laughing out loud! Too funny!

Hope you are enjoying the run this morning!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

20 minutes for those movies? Haha, I'd be disappointed too! Can't wait to hear about your race!!!
:)