Sunday, February 6, 2011

But then what?

It's one of those days we all have-Is it worth it. I have 2 pounds to go until I hit my "goal" weight. Although I think I might go 5 more we will see, but this is besides the point right now. This is a weight that I have fought so hard to get to for 9 years. I have dieted, went without, ran my but off (literally). There is a lot of blood, sweat and tears riding on hitting this weight. It is more then a number on the scale. It is about not quitting, especially because I have wanted to so many times. I am 2 pounds away from my "goal" weight of 130lbs from my all time high weight of 190lbs. And at 5'4 that was not healthy. And that is what it comes down to. I just want to be healthy. I feel like I have to stay so strict though because as soon as I slip....that's it. I may never stop.
I am also scared to hit my goal too though....what then?
Maintain? But it you have nothing to work towards that can be dangerous too.
I have ran 2 half marathons. Both decent times of just under 2 hours. Not great but OK. I know at this weight I could probably do way better. The last one I ran I was 15 lbs heavier then I am now. So maybe training for a full marathon should be my new goal once I hit 130 lbs.
I WI tomorrow. I am hoping to be 131.4ish......Then I am giving myself until Friday February 11 to be 130lbs....Goal reached.......I hope....but
THEN WHAT!
What do others do when they finally hit that goal they have been reaching for forever?
I may just be rambling here but I hope it makes a bit of sense.

No comments: